Google

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Say no to IE6!

Are you still using Internet Explorer 6? Or something older? It is about time to upgrade your browser.

Help the developer to have a less stressful and complicated environment, retire your outdated browser.



Recommended browsers, I used all of them... They work well and have similar attribute, IE7 might be slightly different from the rest, but definitely better than its predecessor... So support this campaign: http://www.savethedevelopers.org/

LightAlert.js One of the script I wrote, I almost gave up IE6 checking... A simple example, IE6 does not support position:static on CSS, if you have IE6 you will see the different between the other browsers...

I used to check the page height as I scroll so that the alert box will stay in the middle of the screen, by using scrollHeight. But this will make the file size increase, I decide to remove it and stick with position:absolute only. Same as JQuery Thickbox 3.1, they know this problem, what they do is remove the entire scrollbar so that the lightbox can stay static in one position.

No comments: